My loves

My loves

Friday, May 25, 2018

Summertime Basketball | Calleigh goes to camp.

     Today wrapped up a 3 day summer basketball camp for our small town school. Calleigh attended seeing that she has chosen to put her focus on Basketball come her 7th grade year this upcoming fall semester. I’ve always felt she would head strait towards cheering seeing that she has participated in Pee Wee cheer from 1st-6th grade but she switched it up on us. After much debating and praying before try-outs came about this past Spring she opted to skip cheer tryouts and take on basketball. Her daddy was proud seeing that it’s one of his most favorite sports. 

     Corey worked today but Myself and the younger two went to the gym to see her finish up. There was a variety of things they did but as I sat there in the stuffy humid gym all I could think about was my couple of years of basketball when I was in 7th & 8th Grade Before I switched to Cheer my 9th Grade year. I also attended a different school but the atmosphere still brought back memories. I love seeing all the bonds made. The laughter shared and the beginning stages of team work that she will soon be experiencing. Our naturally red cheeked girl did great! She’s still learning but that’s perfectly okay. 

     Summer just began and I’m already excited about the upcoming year and seeing her play. Corey & I are ready to welcome the High School experience along with much Prayer to cover our girl and all that she will become over the next 6 years. I can already tell it’s a lot more than what  our sweet elementary days have provided and she’s just getting started. 

     She took home a couple of Awards today. The Hot Shot Award & 3 Point Award. She also earned Camper of the Day award yesterday. We are so proud of her. 

     And for added giggles, Enjoy little sis. I never know how or where I will find her. Ha! She manages to get herself in some silly spots at times but keeps life fun. 💕


No comments: