My loves

My loves

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I purify my home

I am a little excited about this week's study in our women's class at church! We are now on week 7 of Becoming The Woman God Wants Me To Be. Shame on me, I've let it slip my mind who has written this book. We have a guideline for the week printed out on a sheet of paper each week instead of actually following along in a book this time. However, This week really touched the spot!

I know I sound like a broken record when I talk about how I strive to be a good mom, but I also strive to be a good wife as well. Our outline this week touches on both topics. 

Our word of affirmation for today is: I purify my home.

So what does that mean exactly? 
Not your normal, I need to clean it out and so on. It means in a Godly way. I can't remember how she read it to us last night out of her book, But she said something like, Taking out everything in your home that is or may be offensive to God that allows the Evil one to slip in. 

That being said, I opened up last night at church about how, Our daughter Calleigh, had been taking on this role of Sassyiness.... 

NOTE: (I cannot STAND when little girls act this way!!!! Mine included) I think it's an open door pretty much for selfish behavior, being disrespectful towards anyone and especially the parent. I can't count how many times I have been in public and seen a little girl get her way on something JUST because she pulls out this sassy attitude, For example: (Girrrrrrlllllll, I know you are going to get this for me right,) and What do you know, all b/c the parent thinks, "Ha ha that was cute." they then decide it's okay to get it for them...)

Hold up... UMMMM NO!!! Ill be the first to say my daughter has pulled this out on me before... Did she get what she was asking for? NO! I got in her face quickly and get this.. (IN PUBLIC IN FRONT OF PEOPLE) and let her know real quick Who was in charge, who was paying for the things and that NO She would not be getting anything Especially with an attitude like that... I also let her know, It's not a Godly attitude, I do not approve of it and I better NEVER see it again. So in today's slang, I guess you could Say... Woooooahhh! Mom Just put her kid in place... Well I did. and I fully intend to keep it that way until I see that My kids have grown to understand that you do not get things in life by showing out or being so called 'SASSY' b/c they think its Cute...

Okay! So that's my rant for today. Not that I have those often or anything. So To purify the home. After I noticed our little lady taking this on, I started paying close attention to her friends, the shows she watches, and so on.... rest assure. I love her friends. My daughter has great friends and I'm very proud of the girls that she hangs out with. I did notice how the attitudes in these shows she was watching were just Not Acceptable... The way these teens talked to their parents, friends, elders and so on... Not something this momma was fine by. Ill name a few to just put them out there.. Austin & Ally, Good Luck Charlie, Jessie, and so on. I sure didn't hear anything from a parent saying that the child was not allowed to take the tone of voice with them that they had and that they needed to respect them. Certainly not how we are in our home. So why would I be surprised that our 8 year old who we work hard on Not to be this was was starting to take on the mouth of a Teen and act disrespectfully... 

After talking to my husband, We decided it was time to cut all these shows out plus a few more Cold Turkey! That's right. Not, "Okay, Calleigh you can watch it one last time and then after 4 days from now, you will have to stop." for fear of her being upset at us. NO.. We walked in her room while the TV was on and she was in the middle of a show and said "These will not be allowed to be watched anymore. It's not because we are upset at you. It's b/c we have noticed a change in your behavior and it's partly our fault for letting these be seen in this house. So you are no longer allowed to watch the following shows and If it's caught on in your room, you will be in trouble. You need to learn the correct way to talk to us and those around you without waving your finger in the air, shaking your hips and moving your head just to state something.

She wasn't the happiest, But she said okay and went on with her day. So what has that done in the past weeks???

We have noticed a BIG change in her behavior at home...
- She has offered to clean her room on her own daily
- She has told me Please and Thank you more then I can count
-She has began to ask us for permission on things and if told no, She just says okay, instead of the normal sassy finger in the air when saying "Excuuuuuseeee ME!" (My most disliked one that she pulled)
-She wakes up at a better time each morning and some days she went ahead and gotten her self ready for school, brushed her teeth and patiently waited for us to get up and get her brother around.
- She has told me several times of the prayers that she says

I could actually say a few more, But those are just some.

So... After our class last night, They talked about walking through your home and Praying and asking God to Show you what is in your home that He disapproves of... Movies, Books, Toys, and dare I say it.. Video Games. Once doing this, Be open to the Holy Spirit showing you what he does not like. Listen for things when your kids are watching them, saying or acting out. If it hits your heart and you feel like the holy spirit is telling you that is not to be tolerated. Don't wait... Go right then and get it lined out. We have already cut out so many shows in our house. Next I think I'll be sorting through my kids movies and seeing what really needs to be in there or not... Does Calleigh really need 15 Barbie movies that let these Barbies talk disrespectfully to each other or be jealous that one has something and they don't... Or my personal favorite, sings a song saying "I wish I had her life, Then I would be so Free." UM NO!!!! That song has been taken out of my child's vocabulary. Well at least around me anyways. I pray she doesn't sing it else where. All that does is teach a kid to be ungrateful for what they have and envy what someone else has. Clearly what the Bible tells us Not To Do!!! Does Camp really need all the crazed action hero movies? Not saying they are all bad. I mainly think those are just a little old for him at this time. Thankfully he has not really hit the stage yet to watch older boy stuff that I'm just not okay with. He's young enough that we still keep a close eye on him as well and I pray it will pay off later.

These verses are part of our daily study: Ephesians 6:12-18 & Hebrews 4:12
The first one talks about putting on the Body Armor of God... In doing so daily, He will show us what needs to be dealt with in our homes. Don't be upset when He shows you something that even you may need to be lined out on. After all, you are his child. All he is doing is keeping you on a good path as we are trying to do with our own children. He will also protect you against the Enemy and keep you safe.

The second one Speaks on Calling out the name of Jesus out loud. He is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.. (So instead of telling your self in your head, "Oh I don't like that, God please stop what is going on right now.") Speak it out loudly and a firm voice and Call out to Jesus to STOP what ever the Enemy is trying to do and get it out of MY home.. Purify my home Lord and let all that come in to our home feel your peace, comfort and spirit. Let it be calm and a joyful place to be. Let your light shine bright to all those that enter here including our family who lives here.

A side note on our outline says:
I rid my house of anything that might be offensive to God or anything that might serve as a foothold for the Enemy.

After saying all of this on my heart. I will be the first to say that OUR home his by no means in Perfect Godly Shape. That would be why I'm still walking through listening to my kids behavior, their shows, their music and so on. And often, I'll walk in and pull out the Mom card and be the Bad guy... There is nothing wrong with that. If We don't set limits for them to follow who will? I just pray that God directs my words and actions so that they see I'm doing it b/c God says to, Not because I just feel like it. 

I hope this has made some sense today. I LOVE my children and yes they are as normal as you will come by. They keep me laughing, wondering, worrying and so on every day. I Just pray that they pick up on the rules and right way to behave in this world from what their daddy and I are trying to demonstrate to them and teach them. It's hard and a daily job to do it, But They are our pride and joy and Nothing will stop me from trying to do what is best for them.  :) 

More then anything I want to get across to PRAY for God's Spirit to lead you in these steps. Be it at Home, In Public and anywhere else. Don't let your guard down. Satan is waiting for that moment to make you feel like a failure. Keep a hold on God's word in your heart and know that He will lead you down every path way of goodness if you do so! :))))

So this week. Let's all try this out and try to purify our homes making them a more Godly home. :) 

Much Love to each of you! 
Have an AWESOME Thursday... just a few more days and It's SpRiNg BrEaK!!!!! Woop Woop!

Candace

PS.. Ill just throw this out there. I am the worst at punctuation and grammar. LOL!!! I got an inbox on facebook the other day from a girl and she apologized for her spelling b/c of her new phone! I just giggled and told her no worries. I am awful at it... I'm no English major that's for sure and personally, I don't take the time to make sure everything is Exactly as it should be I guess. I'm more into typing it how I would say it.. haha!! So if you see mess ups. Yeah! just skim past those and don't hold it against me. :))))

2 comments:

Carla said...

Candace,
I appreciate you and this blog that you posted. It does my heart good to see a young mother taking the Godly teachings that we are trying to teach in the women's Bible study, and really take them to heart as you have. (The author of the book is Donna Partow.) It is an excellent book for women of all ages. Keep on doing what you are doing! You are making a difference for eternity.

Allison Hicks said...

I saw this blog post today and it made me think of your post! Just wanted to share! http://megpoulinindeed.com/2014/03/28/disney-is-ruining-my-kid/