My loves

My loves

Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Snow Day

Yesterday we got about 5 inches of snow. Well over the night as it accumulated. haha. Anyways, We woke up this morning to the kids around us yelling " Can we go out and play???? please please pleasssssseeeee????" After lunch and kids naps, We bundled up and headed out. Corey went and got Big Red from poppie and lulu's house! We took Calleigh and Camp for a ride! They loved it! Poor kiddos, I know their sweet faces were freezing. I know mine was! Once we were home we had to let them play in the Snow. I mean, What fun is Snow when you dont get to play in it? We didn't build a snowman this year! We usually do every year, It was just too cold! Corey I think, Had a bit to much fun Smashing me and the kids with snowballs, poor calleigh kept saying, "Dad, stop it!" I think Camp got hit in the face on accident by his daddy :-( after it was all done, Corey said he was trying to hit me! G' Thanks babe!

After we were all done in the Winter Wonderland, I took the little ones inside to warm up! I'm pretty sure it took us about 15 minutes to just undress them at the front door! We got it done though! When we were done, I had told Calleigh while riding around that when we got back I would make some Hot Cocoa and she could help. She was so excited. I had to share a little story with her. When I was a little girl and it snowed, My dad or uncle would pull us around on a Sled behind a 4-wheeler and take us sledding, After we were done, Of course we were freezing, So once we got done, me and my cousins and sister and brothers would run into my grandma's house and she always had Hot Cocoa waiting on us. We would swallow it down so fast and ask for refills. Calleigh thought it was funny. But I loved it! It's What I looked forward to every snow day!

So once we made our Hot Cocoa, Calleigh and I sat at the table together and drank up! She said, UM UM. its so good momma! made my day! I think I'm gonna have to keep that tradition going with my little ones and one day, Grandbabies!

















No comments: