My loves

My loves

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Camp!!!!

So today is kinda hard, yet was very fun! Our Little Guys turned 1 today! Being that He is our Baby, It broke momma's heart! Not that he is 1, Because. Im so Thankful that he is so healthy, nothing is wrong with him and hes such a cuddle bug and my little monkey! He eats well, has no Problems and is just and all around Healthy Blessing from Our Father in Heaven! Its the Fact that the so called 'Baby Phase' is now over and he is now a 'Toddler'.

One year Ago today, Joseph Camp Skarda was born to us at 4:37 am in the Morning on a Monday, He weighed 6lbs, 11oz and was 20 1/2 inches long! He was dark complected, Had a little bit of Dark Brown Hair, Beautiful Blue eyes from his daddy and His momma's nose and ears! Bare with me as I may tear up!

The day began with church. Kinda as it did with our sweet Calleigh Jo on the day she was Born! Church as Usual and it was Fathers Day! We were at the Point in our Pregnancy where I was so Miserable! I was 36 weeks Pregnant in June~ It was Hot, Given I had been on Bed rest for the last 15 or 16 weeks I believe. it wasn't like I was up waddling myself around all over the place. But being at home on the couch day in and day out, I was ready to meet Our son and see his face and hold his tiny self. I wanted to know who was kicking me so hard, moving around and had the hic cups at least 7 times in a day! LOL!!! oh well, So back to Sunday... We headed off to church, It was a Normal day. I had been contracting, but not out of the ordinary. Same as Braxton Hicks. I had a talk with some ladies in the Nursery about when he was gonna arrive. So the day goes on, We make it home and enjoy our Fathers Day with Corey! Later on in the Evening. it all began..

Contractions started at 7pm. Separated by 10 minutes each, I knew then, This was it. I didn't say a word to Corey, I Cleaned My ENTIRE house, did all the Laundry and you would think that the stops every 10 minutes holding my belly and breathing in Slowly, that Corey would have thought, 'Hum, maybe somethings up?' But no... I Eventually told him. " Corey, This is It." Calleigh was Frantic and so excited.. But Me, I was ready to eat! LOL~~ he then replied " What do you mean this is it?" and I said, "Well what else would I mean? My contractions are 10 minutes apart and have been for 30 minutes now." all the sudden he stands up and in a funny way is Frantic himself. So sweet, yet I laughed so hard!!! All he would do, was say, " Ummmm, Well do we need to go? are the Bags Ready? is the Carseat in the Car? Oh yes bc I put it there.. Um. What do we need to do? Do we need to go to the Hospital?" It was So Cute!! after him flipping out, I respond with. " Um, No, we need to go Eat Dinner." He was like what are you talking about? so I explained that I knew once I was in labor and got to the Hospital I would not be allowed to eat until our little guy arrived. So that being said, we loaded Calleigh in the Car, Drove to Leah and Casey's for a minute. Just down the road and they were then 7 Minutes apart. Getting a little harder to Bare, I bent over in silence at leahs and just took a deep breath. She was like.. Candace. your gonna have him tonight. I just continued to Breath. We leave head to Lindsey's for Dinner and eat. I barley make it thru the meal because of holding my belly and just closing my eyes and taking deep breaths. At this point they are 3 minutes apart. However, I was determined to eat that food. well I did, and was crying to bc of the Pain of the Contractions. Getting a little nervous and just taking deep slow breaths and when we were about to leave. a couple came up and said, Well, Maybe you will have him tonight. I just smiled the best I could and then continued to Breath. Faye from church comes by then and lays her hand on me and says " Lord, Let her have this baby" Once again. I was trying to smile and not show my pain, We got up as fast as we could and headed to the Car, I called mom first and told her they are 3 minutes apart, Im in Pain and were going to the Hospital. Then Called Leah, said were getting Calleigh's things and heading to drop her off! We go to the House get our Bags and all the other things needed and Dropped Calleigh Off! Off to UAMS we go. the whole way there I only had 3 Contractions. Corey wanted to come back home. I told him NOOOOOOO!!! Im not going home to just go Back late tonight. So we continued. We made it there. We walked up to the Labor and Delivery Floor and Checked in. Setting in the Room, Corey is getting so excited. I start hurting again and contracting. I know then. THIS IS ITTTT!!!!! He calls his parents. Keep in mind, they are in Florida at this point visiting Adam and Abram. Needless to say, they were not to happy about this going down and they were not there. LULU was Excited and so Upset at the Same time. She was all ready to watch him be born! Well the nurse comes in and Checks me and Says.. " Your having this baby tonight, Your dilated to a 6, and have a bulging Sac." Grose!! I know, but hey, its part of Baby! So they get us checked in. and the Phone Calls Began. within an hour our room was full with Leah, Ginger, Josiah, Calleigh, Grannah, Shawn, Josh, Papa Ron, Rush, Elecia, Me and Corey!!!!! It was like 11:30 pm. I had the Epidural in and feeling Great. We all just sat in the room in excitement and so ready to see him!~
The time goes by, My silly Monitor Broke, so the only way we knew when I contracted was My C-Section Scare would sting a little. So relying on the old Scare, That is when I knew how to PUSH! the Pushing began at 4:15 am and I pushed for about 27 Minutes and then BAM.... the room converted from just, Me, Corey, Mom, Ginger, Elecia and leah to like 15 Nurses and a Dr. ready to WORK!!! it was so funny. the real Pushing began and at 4:37 am, Joseph Camp Skarda was born into our World!!! He came out crying and Just pure Love in My eyes. I was there again.........

That Moment when you Lay eyes on your child for the First time! its completely Different then feeling them in you. Once you see them, you just CRY!!!! you look them over to make sure they are okay and Safe, Check all there Tiny Fingers and Toes, Make sure they are still Breathing, you put them on your Chest and let them feel you Breathing and you whisper sweet little things in their Tiny Ears. It hits you. YOUR A MOM!!!. I already was with Calleigh, But its the Same feeling all over again. The moment when you do figure out, It is Possible to Love two little People so much and just as much equally! The most precious moment is looking in their tiny Eyes and seeing them look back at you, Figuring out, Oh so your the person I have heard Talk for 9 Months~ Yes baby, Its me, Mommy! My nerves were so rattly, I was in a complete shell for a moment. all that were in the room were not there anymore to me. All I could see was me and him! It was BLISS!!

Once this was all over. Our Family shared there Comments and Love and feelings, their Joy and Happiness and all that comes with a Family when a Baby is born. I remember Calleigh being so Excited and Curious at the same time! She wanted to hold him and see him and love on him. That Was just Pure Joy to my heart! to See Our Two Little People that Corey and I Created Just Be In all of each other. I loved Every bit of seeing her so In Love with him... Yes. Calleigh did have a crazy First Born Spell after Camp was born. well like a full 2 or 3 weeks of it, But she calmed down and was all about Campers!

The day came. we went home and that Was the beginning of a Wonderful Year! Thanksgiving Came, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Easter, and So on! Camp was just amazing to watch for a baby. He Hit his Milestones so well and Accomplished them all so easily and! each Milestone I was one happy momma yet one sad momma at the same time~ He Rolled over on Christmas Eve, at 6 Months. Crawled at 7 1/2 Months, Walked at 11 Months, Drank from a Straw at 1 year. well on Fathers Day of this year. Clapped his hands at 10 1/2 Months.... FAST FAST FAST learner. Now, My little guy is Full of Love to Give. All his Hugs and kisses, his Snuggle time and more, he just makes me fall in love with him all over again every day! Getting older and Bigger, He Plays with his big sister as if he were her Age, so he thinks, He trys to Keep up with his Cousin Joe! Plays So well, Smiles Constantly, Laughs so hard and at the same time. Has a Heart Breaking Cry when hes Sad!

I have had the Best first year with him. His First Birthday was Celebrated out at our house in Griffithville under the pavilion. Decorated with Orange, Green and Blue Balloons, Streamers, Banners, Along with Monkey Cupcake Toppers, a Monkey Cake, Monkey Cupcakes made by Grannah, Mini Banana's and Tons of Family and Friends. A Pool and a water Slide and tons of presents! it was a Fun Day! Camp loved his Cake, Loved his Gifts and really loved this sippy cup he got. hes a Toddler Now! My baby is now a Toddler!

Today, on His Birthday, We celebrated by taking him to Splash Zone In Jacksonville. Me, Calleigh, Camp, Ginger and Landon all Made a Day of it. We at Cici's Pizza for Lunch, Played in the Water so much, and Let the little Munchkins Sleep the Whole Way home!

God has Truly Blessed us in so Many ways. We have Two Beautiful Healthy Children and are so Blessed that God designed them Just for us! Thank You Lord for such and Amazing Year with two of the Best Kiddos you could have ever placed in our life! They truly are an example of your Work.... Thank You So much!!!

All this Said. Im a little Sad he is One Now, But more then Anything. Im so Blessed to Have Him with our Family! Hes a Huskie boy as his Dr. Says, But Hes our Huskie Little Boy! We Love you Campers with all of our Hearts.

Love, Momma, Daddy and Calleigh!









































































































2 comments:

Amanda Money said...

So, looking at all the pictures made me sad :-( Seems like just yesterday yall were visiting us in the hospital and taking that sweet picture of the boys. They are growing up so fast :-)

Candace said...

Amanda, I completely Agree with you! makes me sad to. I remember seeing Jackson in the Hospital in those Pictures and thinking about going that day to see him! Such a Cutie, But time does go by so Fast! I miss them both being that Little!