My loves

My loves

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Night of Storms!!!

Well if you are from Arkansas, then You know what I mean....

Last night was every bit of anything except fun! It was Dark, Scary and Full of Prayer!

As the storms hit Arkansas last night, Once again, we all tuned in to the News stations on T.V. Watching it's every move. Now, just to let you in on some worry in my mind. We live in a Trailer! So, Anytime something like this comes through our town, I'm on Go, Ready to head to the In-Laws and get in the Safe Room!

Thankfully they had one installed when they built their house!

As the Sky darkened and I could hear the thunder, I stated packing the kids bags to get ready to leave. Then the Strong Bolts of Lightning started in. We loaded the kids up and went strait for the Storm Room....

We thought we were out of the clear, but then they issued a Tornado Warning and we were in the Path! Once we made it to the Safe Room, We of course felt Safer, But, That did not make matters any better..

As we were in a safe spot, There was what the Weather Guys called 'A Violent Tornado' Raging through out the state... The Path of it was headed strait for my Best Friend Ginger's Family... Her Sister, Husband and Kids....

I very quickly started Texting Ginger:

" Is your sister and them okay? Tornado on ground in Vilonia."

She messaged back:

" I know, I'm freaking out!! I just got off the phone with her and she said it sounds like a freight train.. Please pray, Cameron is on his way home!! "
Side note, Cameron is Ginger's Sister's Husband.

I text back fast with:

" oh my goodness. I'm praying, They said it's a Violent Tornado and it's been on the ground for 45 minutest now. You be safe to, it's in White County to. "

I didn't hear back from her for a while! In the mean time. My sister & I and my Mom & I were texting back and Forth. We were all trapped in the Safe Room and then our Power went out! So the fan we had going, stopped and it very quickly started to heat up!

Keep in mind. This safe room is supposed to hold 16 people standing. We had,

Myself,
Corey,
Calleigh
Camp
My sister-in-law Leah
Her husband
Her two boys
Her mom
Both of my In-laws!

So it was cramped.....

My mom was keeping us updated by watching the Weather for us....

All of the sudden the Wind got so strong and rain was so loud that We decided we need to pray! We all bowed our heads as my Mother-In-Law lifted us up in Prayer! She specifically requested that the Blood be upon our Doorsteps and that the storm pass over us and keep all of those safe in the path of it...

I knew Jesus was with us!

Mom's texts started worrying me, she was saying things like:

" Heading our way into Searcy. Just promise me y'all will get to the safe room!! By, Love y'all very much"

" Heading for Cover now at the office. If anything happens, I love you very much!! Heading your way now. Stay in the Safe Room!! "

" Stay in the safe Room!! Windows sucking in and out here."

These are just a few Text she had sent me! Of course I was responding back. She & I kept lots of Contact. I love my mom...

as I was texting my Sister. She was saying the Sirens were going off in Searcy. She & Her husband were taking cover. B/C another Tornado heading for Beebe and Searcy was on it's way.

I asked her if she had heard from my dad, She said she had talked to him and he was going to her house if it got Bad. He was stuck at work!

Once I found out that Beebe was in the Path of the new Tornado Warning. I quickly Text Ginger again to say:

"Beebe is in the Path. Please be Safe. Is Dustin with you? "
Dustin is her husband..

She responded back later by saying:

"Cameron came through Vilonia right after the Tornado and it has destroyed so much.. Took out a church.. Roofs off businesses.. Terrible destruction.. All of my family is safe.... Bambi was just crying when I just got off the phone. She said said there are ambulances heading everywhere... Keep Praying.."

" I'm at my mother-in-laws and Dustin is on the way.. Ugh, I'm a nervous wreck!! Love y'all Stay safe."

I text back:

" We are. We are in safe room. Bad storm in our Path. Pray for us to Please"

She let me know it was hitting Beebe hard. I was praying for her as well. She's like family to me...
as I'm texting my sister, she tells me that Rush, Her husband is talking to Dustin, Ginger's husband on the phone and He was asking Rush where he should go... He was right in the middle of the path of the Tornado....

I was so worried for them. Later on Ginger told me that Dustin was blown off the Road in the Ditch b/c the wind was so strong... She said she had never been so Glad to see his sweet face!

After all of this was over. We were back home with no power. the skies were so creepy looking and the wind was so strong.. We go the kids off to bed and I stayed u with Corey for a while watching the Radar on our phones and reading what people were saying about the Tornado...

Some one on Facebook had said:


Reed Timmer: Meteorologist and Extreme Storm Chaser
"I bet Vilonia gets an EF5 rating. Very bad situation up there."


That was off of his Facebook Page!

It was a scary night! Ginger sent me this picture with this text later on...

Cameron took this on his phone trying to get home!! I am so thankful my family is safe!! Love y'all!!

Here is the Scary Part... The part that looks like the Tornado off to the Right is not it! I was watching this video from a person who filmed it happening on Facebook. The Large Black part to the Left of that is the Tornado... It's been all over the News. It's Called a 'Wedge Tornado' Soooo Very Scary!

I was so Glad to know that everyone was safe. Sadly, The News is reporting 8 Deaths in Arkansas from the Awful Tornados...

We are praying so hard for the Families of Lost ones and who lost their homes! While in the Safe room, My Father-In- Law got a text from a Former Church member from the church he used to pastor saying that one of the Elders of the Church had lost his home! it was all gone! Just Sad..

Now its A Day after all of the destruction and We are getting ready for Round 2 of Storms and Tornado outbreaks... They called for a 'Moderate Risk' Yesterday. Now we are in a 'High Risk' No fun at all, I have been praying that the Lord protects us all from the Raging storms of today!!

Here is a link to the Video taken of the 'Wedge Tornado' in Vilonia AR.


Everyone stay safe tonight! I know the Lord will protect us... After every thing was over. I was so thankful my Family was safe and we were all home in our beds!

you never know.....

I forgot to mention... Des Arc is supposed to be flooded in the next few days. A Dam in Missouri Broke and should Flood all along the White River soon! So Please Pray for us all and the Farmers who have planted in the bottoms!

All the Best & God Bless,


No comments: